Saturday, July 27, 2019

Chilkoot, day-2

6:00 wake up
Breakfast was bread, miso soup, cheese, salami.
It took time more than expected to get food,  pack gears into the backpack and go.
8:00 start the trail
Narrow trail, some up and down.

11:20 arrive at the camp,
Sheep campground.

Trail mileage: kilometer 20.9
Elevation: 305 meters
Setting: Treeline, next to creek

Along a river.
I arrived before anyone.
A nice camp site with large Log cabin and good shelter.
Sometime rain. So I stayed with the shelter for a while.

Dinner was curry-noodle, cheese, salami.

Nice talk by a park's ranger about the Chilkoot past.

My shelter is too weak for the windly and rainy night. So I stayed within the log shelter with a wood stove. This was good.
I slept with a sound of water in creek.
(Finetrack zert).



No comments: